Friday, June 4, 2010

Much Progress

I have had a very productive couple of days. In addition to cleaning, studying, cooking, babysitting, and other such activities, I managed to get two items from my goal list checked off. First, I attached the binding on the disappearing nine patch. I am now setting this aside for when I need a car project or will otherwise be sitting for awhile without anything to do.

I finished the ironing and cutting for my Camelot Squared quilt. The ironing took forever and what felt like a gallon of water. There were so many wrinkles! I did some chain piecing and the top has come together quite quickly. I just need to sew the rows together and the top will be done.
After getting all that done, I still wasn't tired last night. I decided to put together a few more string blocks to add to the stack. I still need so many more though. I had no idea what a daunting task I had taken on when I began.
And finally, I whipped up this adorable little skirt from this tutorial this morning. I don't even know how I happened upon it, but I am so happy I did. All the materials came from my stash. It was exciting to realize I could actually make something entirely from what I already have on hand. When I figured out the cost, the whole thing ended up only costing about a dollar. And look...its reversible! I made it for a little girl that I babysit. I've spent hours and hours with her the last week and a half, but now that I have this I don't think I'll be seeing her for a couple weeks. Oh well, I'll get it to her eventually.Just looking at this makes me smile. I think I might have to make up a couple more.

1 comment:

  1. Looks to me like you have gotten alot done.....love it all....

    ReplyDelete