Now, I'm bothered because the design is going to be off-centered if I add a column and I'm unsure what to do. I'm not sure I have enough strips left over to make another eight blocks (a second column plus the one block I need to finish the first column) to re-center the design. I know I don't want to rip it all apart and create another design. So before I attach any more blocks I need to think this through. It definitely needs to be wider to fit the original bed it was intended for. Any thoughts, ideas, or advice would be appreciated.
Thursday, June 24, 2010
Log Cabin Re-visited
Earlier this week I was inspired to pull this back out...
I laid it out and decided I needed to add one more row to get it to the dimensions I needed so I made these...
Tonight, I suddenly felt a need to look again. After doing a couple calculations on the size of the quilt top and the size of the bed the quilt is intended for, I realized I need to add one column, not one row.
Now, I'm bothered because the design is going to be off-centered if I add a column and I'm unsure what to do. I'm not sure I have enough strips left over to make another eight blocks (a second column plus the one block I need to finish the first column) to re-center the design. I know I don't want to rip it all apart and create another design. So before I attach any more blocks I need to think this through. It definitely needs to be wider to fit the original bed it was intended for. Any thoughts, ideas, or advice would be appreciated.
Now, I'm bothered because the design is going to be off-centered if I add a column and I'm unsure what to do. I'm not sure I have enough strips left over to make another eight blocks (a second column plus the one block I need to finish the first column) to re-center the design. I know I don't want to rip it all apart and create another design. So before I attach any more blocks I need to think this through. It definitely needs to be wider to fit the original bed it was intended for. Any thoughts, ideas, or advice would be appreciated.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Why not add a border? That should be good... you can add 5 or 10" on each side and make it just right :)
ReplyDelete