Saturday, June 26, 2010

Big Sale, Big Finds

As scheduled, I made my way to my LQS yesterday for their 'date matching' sale. Not only was all regularly priced merchandise 25% off since it was the 25th, but they also had clearance merchandise up to 75% off.

So what did I find?

Backing fabric for 'Musical Pinwheels'...Backing fabric for my log cabin bed quilt...Fabric for a colorwheel quilt to be made in the future and a spool of thread for piecing...
The prices and service were great, they even offered me a free half yard on both backings since they were the end of each bolt, but they didn't have many modern or novelty fabrics so we decided to hit another LQS a few cities over. They offered a much larger selection, but also had higher prices, no sale, and not so great service. I found a few batiks on their sale shelf that I really liked though so it wasn't a worthless visit.
I was quite pleased with my findings and brought everything home to admire. I pulled out the tops that correspond to the backings I had purchased only to discover that the Musical Pinwheels top doesn't match the back. Mind you, I took a swatch of the pink to the store and in the lighting there it matched, but in the lighting here at home and with the whole front, the pinks are different. So into the stash that fabric goes. I'll have to try again for the backing.

2 comments:

  1. What wonderful eye candy...love all your purchases...

    The quilt in the post below is just wondeful!

    ReplyDelete