Anyway, after sitting for a day or so on the edge of my sewing table I discovered that although my first attempt failed as a makeup bag it makes a perfect little basket.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
My Fabulous Failure
I was inspired a few days ago to create a little makeup bag out of some of the 3" squares I have accumulated. Not having a pattern, I decided to just wing it. I pulled 6 random blue squares and 6 random red squares and stitched the front and back of the bag together. I managed to piece sides and a bottom on though I'm sure there must be a better way to construct a bag than how I did it. I made a lining and put the whole thing together only to discover that there was no good way to put a closure on the top due to the dimensions of the bag. I was disappointed, but not discouraged and have made a couple more attempts since. None have been just what I'm looking for yet.
Anyway, after sitting for a day or so on the edge of my sewing table I discovered that although my first attempt failed as a makeup bag it makes a perfect little basket.
I've loaded it up with all the threads I like to keep on my sewing table for easy access and it is perfect for containing them.
I also have project cards for several of my projects that are in various stages of completeness tucked in the back. This way I can make notes about dimensions, what I still need, etc so if I set it aside for awhile and go back later I won't have forgotten anything.
Pretty fabulous for a failure, huh?
Anyway, after sitting for a day or so on the edge of my sewing table I discovered that although my first attempt failed as a makeup bag it makes a perfect little basket.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Love it. We don't make mistakes we just change our plans.
ReplyDeleteHere is a site that has some makeup bags.Hope you can find one you like !!http://tipnut.com/makeup-bags/
ReplyDeleteI love your bag!!! Great job!
ReplyDeleteWhat a spectacular failure!! I love the bag and thank you for the inspiration. Please keep up the good work - I love your blog!
ReplyDelete