Hair things have been a great project for using up some of my stash and scraps, particularly the non-cotton materials. These mesh scrunchies (I think I ended up with 11 of them) didn't even last one night of sales! People loved how they looked like they were made out of football jerseys.
Monday, August 23, 2010
All of my Sewing Time
...has recently been taken up by making black&gold hair accessories. I was selling them to the little league cheerleaders, but popularity has been spreading and I keep having to make more and more and more of the headbands. My sewing time has been limited due to a family reunion, accompanying my sister to college visits, redecorating (including stripping wallpaper!) the living room, a special project my grandparents needed completed, and general life so the several dozen headbands I've whipped up have taken all my sewing time for the past two weeks or more. I'm hoping to get back to my quilting soon, but in the meantime am enjoying people's responses to my little creations.
Hair things have been a great project for using up some of my stash and scraps, particularly the non-cotton materials. These mesh scrunchies (I think I ended up with 11 of them) didn't even last one night of sales! People loved how they looked like they were made out of football jerseys.
It took me awhile to figure out how to make these headbands. The first couple didn't turn out too well, but after tweaking my design they are now coming out great! Each batch is different and most of the headbands are unique.
There were a few bows and some ribbons too, but I forgot to take pictures of those.
Hair things have been a great project for using up some of my stash and scraps, particularly the non-cotton materials. These mesh scrunchies (I think I ended up with 11 of them) didn't even last one night of sales! People loved how they looked like they were made out of football jerseys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment