Saturday, August 7, 2010

Expanding My Repertoire

I was in Hobby Lobby one day a couple weeks back searching for something for my mom when I happened to notice they had all Simplicity patterns on sale for 99 cents. I've wanted to try my hand at clothes recently, but haven't known where to start. I decided to just jump right in and pick a pattern. I quickly flipped through as the store was closing in 10 minutes and found a simple looking dress pattern which I knew my sister would love. She tends to wear a lot of dresses and hasn't found a new one she loves in awhile so I was hoping to provide her with one. I stashed the pattern until I had a couple free hours last Friday night and this was the result. It took constructing, tearing it apart, and re-constructing to get to this point, but this dress fits her perfectly. I eliminated the elastic waistband so it drapes nicely on her. I just have to hem it up once she decides on short or long and it'll be ready to go! Hopefully I'll get a picture of her in it to show you since this one looks pretty much like a sack.

All in all I really liked sewing this dress and think some more clothes may be in my future. Think I'll wait for another sale before buying any more patterns though as they can get quite pricey. I think I will also have the recipient try it on as I go rather than after it is constructed so I don't have to tear my work apart again :-)

1 comment:

  1. YOu did a fantastic job....the reciepent will love it!

    ReplyDelete