Monday, September 20, 2010

Weekend Progress

If you are looking for the giveaway go here. :-)
I got a little more than a quarter of the quilt quilted this weekend without breaking any more needles. It seems to be getting easier. Unfortunately, we have important company coming this week so, and seeing as my machine and quilt were set up in the dining room and taking up the entire space, it all had to be put away last night. I was really hoping to get more done, but the weekend flew by. I seriously don't know how it went by me so fast!

Since I was feeling a bit bummed about not making more progress (and the fact that the weekend was already mysteriously gone) I decided to take a couple short breaks later last night to do some piecing which is the most relaxing part of quilting for me. Two breaks, totaling a little over an hour, later I had this...
All the blocks for my Four and Four Quarters quilt (aka Five, Ten, Twenty), which made me feel better since it gave me a feeling of accomplishing something during my weekend.
Next goal is to get the blocks squared up and pieced together. Seeing as my job takes up most of my time now, that may not happen until next weekend. But hey, at least there's progress!

4 comments:

  1. Love the quilt, I understand about how for you quilting is something that is relaxing and creative.

    I build scale models, and I look forward to the weekends, when I can put on my sloppy clothes and get out the paint, glue, and x-actos and start working on the kit I am building.

    You are really doing some amazing work, and will be interested in seeing the final result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Quilt! I've always wanted to learn how to make one, but I'm terrible when it comes to sewing.

    ReplyDelete