Saturday, May 29, 2010

A Couple Little Problems

Bit by bit I managed to get the disappearing nine patch quilted over the past couple days. I absolutely love the texture the diagonal quilting adds to the quilt.
Although I think my quilting has improved a tiny bit from the last quilt, there were a couple little problems I discovered. First...
in two places I got these loops of thread. I think it had to do with the tension on my machine. I'm going to rip these sections out and re-do them next week.
Second... these little folds in the quilting. It didn't happen in too many places, thankfully. I'm not re-doing these areas. I believe it has to do with my basting and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Maybe I need more pins?

Overall, I'm quite happy. I'm crossing my fingers that with more experience I'll be able to eliminate these problems.

Hopefully I'll be able to find some space this week for the cutting table and ironing board so I can get the binding ready to complete this quilt.

2 comments:

  1. try spray basting... I use 505... it works really well and I hardly ever get a pucker!

    ReplyDelete