Many thanks to Jean at Quiltingranny who generously passed this award along to me last week. Being so new to blogging, I never imagined I would receive anything like this. I am not only thankful, but honored that she would choose my blog. In her post, Jean not only shared the award, but some very kind words that I am equally grateful for. Thank you Jean!What the award entails:
- Thanks and link my presenter
- Post the award on my blog
- Share 7 interesting things about myself
- Nominate 7 blogs and link to them
Interesting facts:
1) As a child, I never really liked the color pink, but it is now my favorite color and I can't get enough of it.
2) I finished one year of my bachelor's degree and one year of my master's degree in the same year.
3) My favorite food is cheese.
4) I am legally blind in one eye.
5) I don't eat red meat.
6) I love to read, but have to do it in moderation as I tend to pick up a book and read it from start to finish without stopping for much of anything including eating and sleeping.
7) I can NEVER remember the correct lyrics to a song, but love to sing along with my own made up words. It drives my family and friends crazy, but is just so enjoyable I can't quit.
Blogs that inspire me:
1) Quilt Dad - The first quilting blog I began reading. I love to see the great idea's John comes up with to make his quilts modern.
2) a quilt is nice - Like me, Nettie wishes she had more time to quilt, but it is inspiring to see all the beautiful and colorful quilts she is able to produce in the time she has.
3) Because I'm Me - Jody is a mother of 6 home schooled children and still manages to make beautiful quilts. How can that not be inspiring?
4) Film in the Fridge - I love Ashley's use of color and unique block arrangements on quilts like this and this.
5) one shabby chick - Amber seems to always have some fun projects in the works that give me ideas and motivate me to keep quilting.
6) Dawn's Quilts - A recent blog I have begun following. Dawn has some creative quilting ideas and many other fun ideas on her blog.
7) Bejeweled Quilts by Barb - Another recent addition to my blogroll, Barb's blog is full of energy and fun! She has many beautiful quilts, but also has other fun posts about fabric and other misc projects.
Thanks again to Jean for the award, but also to all the bloggers who have inspired me in my quilting journey. I look forward to continuing to follow your blogs and see what amazing new things you create!


Thanks for much for the award, you made my day!!! Thanks for the sweet things you said too...
ReplyDeletethanks for including me! that's so sweet.
ReplyDeleteAww, that was so nice of you to nominate me! :) I will definitely be posting about it soon. Thanks again!
ReplyDelete