Sunday, July 11, 2010

My New Project

A peek of my new project (which is much more vibrant in real life)...It is a lap quilt for me. I keep working on projects for others and suddenly realized how much I wanted a quilt for myself. Like my mother, you may wonder "Well isn't the log cabin quilt for you?" The answer is yes, but it is for my full size bed which is currently in storage. I want a quilt I can cuddle in when I read or watch tv. Something fun and pretty. I saw these charm squares on ebay and immediately fell in love. It took something like 9 auctions for me to finally win 2 sets of 60 squared which when totaled is the exact number I needed for the quilt I was planning. The second set arrived yesterday. I'm completely in love. And when my sister took one look at them all she could say was "Wow. Those are definitely you. It is like that fabric was made just for you."

2 comments:

  1. Oh...I just love the colors and it is nice to make something for yourself....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors and what a nice gift to yourself!

    ReplyDelete