Monday, April 19, 2010

Progress and I'm a Winner!

This past weekend, I headed home to see my sister perform in a musical. She was the lead and did such a wonderful job that I ended up staying home for four days to see all the shows. Despite the stack of end of the semester papers and projects that need completed, I was able to sneak a little time at my machine. Sadly, I don't have pictures of the blocks, but I was working with these fabrics:I am absolutely loving the string blocks and can't wait to make some more. I believe I made 13 blocks. I think I'm shooting for 64 so hopefully I still love string blocks by the time I'm done!

More exciting news: I'm a winner! Last week, I entered Robin's birthday giveaway - her new "Five, Ten, Twenty" pattern and 20 fat quarters. Imagine my excitement as I read her winner post and saw my comment number and name on the screen. Usually, I don't know what my comment number is, but Robin had replied to all her comments with the number so as I scrolled down and saw '58' I was in shock and quickly kept scrolling to see if it could possibly be true. It was! She's already sent out the package and I can't wait to see all the beautiful fabrics in person! It won't be for a couple of weeks until after I move since I had her send the package to my new address, but it gives me something to look forward to as I push through the final weeks of the semester.

I have one more 'float' in my parade of projects to share tomorrow and then you are in for some laughs when I finally get the story of my original princess quilt up later this week. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment